Monday, July 18, 2011

The Shocking Result of Poor Adhesives

Typical Troubletown original from the nineties

Sometime in the last ten years I stopped using rubber cement and moved to UHU glue sticks. I did it mostly because I feared that inhaling the rubber cement fumes was going to give me cancer. I always do a lot of paste up on my cartoons so the glue is important. Well, lately I have been pulling out the old cartoons from the archive and I'm distressed to find that they have either fallen completely apart or they're so delicate that they crumble at the slightest touch. I could use an unpaid intern to come in and restore these cartoons with UHU. At one a week it will take them something like fifteen years, so ideally they would be about ten years old now and financially independent.

So much for my plan of living off the sales of my originals. I guess I'll have to keep working.


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home